Believe it or not, the Rio Grande Valley has its own very first winery, Jaber Estate Winery. Now all that hot weather and rich soil, which supports a variety of agricultural products, can now claim grapes, which will lead to a new industry to an area that desperately needs it.
The Mission Chamber of Commerce did a good job by providing shuttle service. The bus ride was comfortable. We actually had an air-conditioned bus. (It wasn’t working well, but you know.) And it was full.
Once we got there, they had tables set up like a nice outdoor cafe in Paris. They also served some hors d’ouvres, which waiters passed around. They had shrimp kabobs and small roast beef sandwiches. They asked which type of wine you wanted (red or white) and had an area in the gazebo set up for you to relax and talk. A man with a guitar played oldies in the background.
We also went into the room where they stored the wine. The machine was all slick and nice. There were no tours; everything was pretty self-guided.
The wine sold for $20, an introductory price; they said they plan to sell bottles for $30.
In case you’d like to visit, the winery is located way out of town at 22283 Western Road in Mission, Texas.
And FYI, October is Texas Wine Month.
- theboydonewrong likes this
- rementsteve reblogged this from dwcjosh
- saritapanchita reblogged this from fuckyeahtx
- heyhinate reblogged this from fuckyeahtx
- bestcrispair reblogged this from fuckyeahtx
- cccalifornia-dreamer likes this
- dwcjosh reblogged this from fuckyeahtx
- dwcjosh likes this
- electr0-jess reblogged this from fuckyeahtx and added:
- eggznrice likes this
- jaime-metiras reblogged this from fuckyeahtx
- rebeccafornow reblogged this from fuckyeahtx and added:
- lolpizza likes this
- chriseatskidz likes this
- mermaidcomplex likes this
- latina-fey likes this
- mrdodo-b reblogged this from fuckyeahtx
- kelpiescout likes this
- fuckyeahtx reblogged this from hispanicheloise
- ajarly likes this
- they-live-inside-us likes this
- seabeans likes this
- diosdelghetto likes this
- rgvalternative reblogged this from hispanicheloise
- hispanicheloise posted this